Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Parents' Anniversary

Twenty-five years ago, two people started a life together.
They came from different backgrounds, growing up halfway around the world, before meeting in New York.





















A few years later, they had a kid who knew instinctively how to give a fierce side-eye, even as a baby.




They studied and worked while caring for me.





They offer incredible support.



And (sometimes unwanted) protection



They are examples of what I hope to be. (Taken at my Father's law school graduation.)



They are not afraid to pose for goofy pictures when I ask.




Mommy even dances with me, even though neither of us have an iota of talent in that area. 


But they also clean up nicely.





In short: they are the best. Happy anniversary, Mama and Papa Teng. Glad I chose you to be my parents when I was a little angel flying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment