Sunday, October 4, 2015

Welcome. Hi. Are you hungry?

You might have heard of this place, called New York City. It's pretty big, lots of people. But most importantly: lots of food. There are restaurants, cafes, food trucks. It's heaven for people (or not people) who love to eat.

I am one of those people.







Starting from when I was little, I would get a little smile on my face when I eat something good. And my palate does not discriminate; I have loved exotic dishes at expensive eateries, and I have loved the hot spicy bowl of noodles eaten in a wet vegetable market next to the fish-stall. It's a holistic experience: the taste and flavor has got to be there, obviously. But you have to like the company (your friend, SO, or just your thoughts) and the attendant circumstances to the food.

I have been fortunate enough to eat at lots of good places and tried many fantastic things in my lifetime. And I hope to continue it! As a 1L at NYU School of Law, I'm right in the heart of one of the best places for food-lovers, with so many options surrounding me. (We have to take a break from learning and having our lives changed at some point, right?) I hope to try many places and share them with you along the way.


That's not to say that it will be smooth sailing all the time. I'll go to a few places that are filled with tourists and are overhyped (and probably over-blogged). I'll go to some places that aren't worth it. But I'll also find some really really good places, so good that the meal will make me want to force all of my friends to go and take me with them so I can have that food again.


It'll be fun. It'll be an adventure. I hope you're as hungry as I am.







No comments:

Post a Comment